I've been pondering how to mount my digital video camera in my Merc.
At the moment I can see 2 options,
1) buy a tripod and ratchet strap it into the rear of the car, where the back seat was.
2) make a steel mount that bolts to the tunnel, with 2 stays back to the top rear seat belt mounts.
How would you mount a camera in the car?
- Posts: 4955
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:27 pm
- Location: Matlock-Bath, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
- Posts: 6411
- Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:02 am
- Location: Whitby. Where the sun always shines.
Mounted to the mirror with a rubber band to the mirror is a bit shakey and the suction cup holder won't get past the aliens from the panlet Scruton. The camera I've bought has a mounting for cycle handle bars and I'm hoping I can use a longer band and wrap it around my cage.
- Posts: 5186
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 am
- Location: Norfolk
Thinking we'll screw something to the dash this time (with a car worth a few quid you may not want to swiss-cheese the dash but at least with our Astra we dont care!), having less of the car in shot would seem a good thing but I think it takes it out of context a bit & you got to see the top of dash & screen pillars with further back where it was before. But having it record something worthwhile instead of the wait to go out seems worth that compromise.
Watch a few vids on youtube & see which point of view you prefer then see how you might mount you camera there?
- Posts: 1498
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:45 pm
- Location: South of the border, north of the wall
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests